Art Lab Studios and Gallery is a public venue, co-operatively run by the Resident Artists, which provides studio and exhibition space for the Resident Artists, a curated gallery space for Associate Artists, and educational opportunities in the visual arts for school students and the general public.
General PublicYou don't have to be a member to enjoy the offerings at Art Lab. Just drop by! But if you'd like to be more involved, consider becoming a member.
|Opening of 10 Days in October exhibition|
Associate Membership is available to all, whether an artist or supporter of the arts. Membership has advantages.
1. By becoming an Associate Member you are supporting the development of art and artists in our region and the mandate of Art Lab.
2. Associate Artists will be able to exhibit their work in the Art Lab Community Gallery. Exhibitions will be curated. Each member will have the opportunity to exhibit in at least one two-week show per year. Shows may be solo or group shows, at the discretion of Art Lab. Members may offer their work for sale, with 20% commission to Art Lab. The member is not responsible to sit at the gallery during the show unless he/she wishes. Art Lab will handle all sales.
3. Members will have a one-week preferential lead-time to register on all announced workshops.
4. Members have access to community-dedicated equipment.
5. Member artists will be able to utilize our community studio space by appointment and availability, allowing them to work in the creative atmosphere that is Art Lab. There is no studio fee for Members. (Non-members pay $5 per morning or afternoon.)
6. Members will have free admission to any After Hours Sessions.
Annual membership is $40. (Please make cheques payable to one of the Resident Artists: Janet Doble, Michael Fuller, Jill Langford, Krista Levy Odlin, or Krista Wells.) Membership runs from mid-May to mid-May. Art Lab will be closed from late December to the end of April.
Associate Membership Registration Information
City________________________________Province __________Postal Code__________
Resident Artist membership of Art Lab Studios and Gallery is available by application. Residents will be chosen by the current Resident members when a vacancy exists. It is the responsibility of the Resident Artists to ensure a variety of disciplines and media are represented.
The co-op building, located at 121 Main St., Parrsboro, includes a 1200 square foot studio/gallery area; 450 square foot workroom for messy media; 400 square foot community gallery/ workspace; washrooms; storage; large parking lot; incredible view of the Minas Basin.
Keep up to date by following www.facebook.com/ArtLabParrsboro